The personal data controller is Balti Spoon OÜ (Kupu Village, Kuusalu Parish, Harju County reg. nr 10333719).
- explains what we do to protect and respect the privacy of your personal data;
- explains how we collect, use and protect your personal data;
- helps you understand how your personal data is collected and used, and what are your rights with regard to your personal data.
- What is personal data?
Personal data is the data that enables to identify private persons directly or indirectly regardless of the form or format in which the data is.
- Why do we collect personal data?
Balti Spoon OÜ processes the personal data of its customers and partners in the course of business. We collect personal data and process it for the following data subjects:
3.1. The existing and potential customers
In business communication, on the process management of purchased or sold products, for the fulfilment of the existing or potential customer contracts, Balti Spoon OÜ needs the data about who you are, your contact information or your role as a contact person. The reasons for processing these data are as follows:
- Preparation and execution of contracts with customers and for communication of the requested offers and information to customers.
- Execution and delivery of the services provided for in the contract concluded between Balti Spoon OÜ and the persons involved.
- Improvement of our services through customer feedback.
- Prevention of misuse of our products and services, including by using video surveillance.
- Invoicing, purchases, processing of purchases, making payments and performing other monetary operations.
For the purposes of reaching a larger market, we operate in our legitimate interests and process the data of potential customers also for direct marketing initiatives. For providing relevant content to prospective clients, Balti Spoon OÜ processes the potential customers’ personal data, which has been derived during the sale negotiations, or in a situation where a person has expressed an interest in receiving offers from Balti Spoon OÜ.
When we entered into a contract of purchase and sale with a company for selling our products or provision of services, we may collect a limited amount of personal data (e.g., name, e-mail address, personal identification code, job position) of the company’s employees or other representatives for the fulfilment of the contract. The legal basis for such processing is a legitimate interest, and we process personal data only for the performance of the contract concluded with the customer, and during the period of validity of the contract and during the applicable obligatory data retention period after the expiry of the contract.
The legal basis of the activities described above is the contract, performance of a legal obligation or a legitimate interest.
3.2. Potential employees
If you are looking for employment opportunities in Balti Spoon OÜ, we will process your personal data in order to assess the suitability of your skills for the job for which you apply. We do this on the basis of your consent and ensure proper retention periods on the processing of such data.
Only the employees involved in the recruitment process have access to the documents of the job seeker. If necessary, Balti Spoon OÜ may include third-party experts in the evaluation of the candidates.
We will not disclose your data to other candidates, and we do not disclose to you the data of the other candidates.
We will retain the data of the candidates not elected until the end of the term of contestation provided in the legislation. If the non-elected candidate has given his or her consent to the retention of data for the purpose of subsequent job opportunities, the data will be stored for two years since the negative decision.
OÜ Balti Spoon does not make decisions in an automated manner in the recruitment process.
3.3. Service providers and cooperation partners
We process the personal data of our service providers, suppliers and the persons representing our business partners on the basis of our legitimate interests, in order to perform the contract that Balti Spoon OÜ has concluded with the other party.
3.4. The use of surveillance equipment
For the purposes of protection of the company’s assets and the lives and the health of the company’s employees, customers, and other people, we may process your personal data with the implementation of the video surveillance of our territory and the production areas on the basis of a legitimate interest. People have been informed of such activities with the relevant notification. The retention period of the recordings of the video cameras is up to six months.
- Legal basis
Pursuant to Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation, processing of personal data is not allowed without an adequate legal basis. Therefore, on the processing of your personal data in Balti Spoon OÜ, we apply in particular one of the following legal bases referred to in Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation:
- Contract: processing is necessary for the performance of the contract concluded in the participation of us and the person or for taking the measures prior to concluding the contract according to the person’s request.
- Statutory obligation: processing is necessary for us to fulfil our legal obligation.
- Legitimate interest: processing is necessary for our legitimate interest or for the legitimate interest of a third party, except if such interest is outweighed by the person’s fundamental rights and freedoms, the name of which personal data must be protected.
- Consent: A person has given us explicit consent to the processing of his or her personal data in one or more specific purposes.
- How do we collect your personal data?
- Generally, Balti Spoon OÜ collects your personal data directly from you, which means you have provided us with this data voluntarily to receive certain products or services or to enter into a contract with us.
- Data obtained from third parties, such as public registers (such as the Tax Board or the commercial register), if it is necessary to perform the contract or ensure the performance of the contract, or for the performance of a legal obligation.
- Also, second video surveillance camera systems may record images of you.
- Balti Spoon OÜ does not record phone calls.
- In marketing activities, which may be accompany information days, events, participation in fairs, visits, foreign visits, contact trips, or other marketing of the operation of OÜ Balti Spoon (hereinafter jointly referred to as events), where we register your participation in the registration sheet or take photographs or film you at any of these events. We store events in order to inform you, our customers and partners about our activities in a newsletter or social media.
- Sharing data with third parties
Balti Spoon OÜ may share your personal data with third parties in the following cases:
- Our suppliers, service providers, and business partners
We may share your personal data with our business partners or suppliers, if there is a legitimate business interest, and if the current legislation allows us to do this, or if you agree to such transmission of data.
- State authorities and state registers
State authorities and state registers, such as the Tax Board, the Health Insurance Fund, the Labor Inspectorate, National Social Insurance Board, Unemployment Insurance Fund, the police, the courts or other state authorities and state registries to the extent.
- What kind of personal data does Balti Spoon OÜ collect and process?
Balti Spoon OÜ can collect and process the following personal data about:
- Personal identification data, such as name, family name, personal identity code or date of birth, data of identity document (g., passport copy).
- Contact information such as phone number, address and e-mail address.
- Feedback on our products or services.
- Photos and videos of you, which are recorded in our premises or in the events related to our company.
- The data of a contact person of a legal person customer, such as name, phone number, e-mail address.
- What are your rights regarding the processing of personal data?
- The right to receive information about the data – you have a right to know what data has been collected about you and how it is processed.
- Right to access the data – you are entitled to a copy of the personal data processed.
- Right to correct the data – you have the right to demand that your personal data be corrected if it is inaccurate.
- Right to deletion of data – in some cases, you have the right to request that personal data is deleted. Right to the restriction of processing – this right arises when personal data processing is not permitted by law or if you dispute the correctness of the personal data.
- Right of transfer the data – in certain cases you have a right to take the personal data in machine-readable form with you or require the transfer of personal data to another controller, but only if it is technically feasible. The right of transfer will only apply to the data that we process under your consent, or for the performance of a contract entered into with you.
- Rights in connection with automated processing – when we have informed you that we perform decision making based on automated processing (including profiling), which will lead legal consequences concerning you or will have a significant impact on you, you can require that a decision cannot be made solely on the basis of automated processing.
- The right to challenge the processing of personal data in the Data Protection Inspectorate, (www.aki.ee) if you find that the personal data processing infringes your rights and interests under the applicable law.
- Personal data processing security
Balti Spoon OÜ implements different organizational, physical and technical security measures for the protection of personal data based on the principle of reasonableness, which will take into account the degree of risk on implementing the measures.
- Contacts and Information
If you have questions, concerns or complaints regarding personal data, do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org